- 1 Rack of Pork Spare Ribs or Baby Back Ribs
- 1 Cup of Dry Rub Mixture *see Recipe at Bottom
- Store Bought or Home Made BBQ Sauce
1. Mix all Spices together with a mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder. Add to Brown Sugar and Mix thoroughly. Coat both sides of the ribs evenly with dry rub. Wrap with plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 4-12 hours.
2. Preheat Oven to 300 degrees. Remove Ribs from plastic wrap and wrap in Aluminum Foil. Place Foil packages on sheet tray with sides or Broiler Pan. Place in Oven and Roast for 2 hours to 2 hours and 15 minutes.
3. Remove Ribs from Oven and carefully unwrap foil packages. Preheat Broiler Element on Oven and adjust shelf so that it is in the middle of the oven. Place Ribs meat side down on Broiler Pan and slather with BBQ sauce. Turn over and Slather the Meat Side with BBQ Sauce. Place Broiler Pan back in oven. Set Timer for 3 minutes. Make sure to stay close to the oven as any food can go from perfect to horribly burnt in little time under the Broiler. Our Ribs were done in 4 minutes.
Dry Rub Spice Recipe:
- 1 Tsp each of: Tumeric, Dry Mustard, Granulated Garlic, and Oregano
- 1 Tbs each of: Crushed Bay Leaves, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar